Monday, June 6, 2011

And Basquiat Continues...

I was invited to perform yet ANOTHER time with Red Blisset, Paul Stancato, and the Basquiat crew. We performed at John Forslund's "Bound For Broadway", the same showcase that I started in! This whole thing has come so beautifully full circle. Well, almost!

Sunday, May 29th, Memorial Day Weekend, and yet STILL a sold out house! John is so talented....I don't know how he does it! We performed "Tom Song", "Mudd Club", and new piece that we had all just learned two days earlier, "Come Back". "Come Back" is really cool because it uses phrases and lyrics from some of the other songs we were familiar with. And then, since the lovely Miss Felicia Finley hosted the show, we ended it with her single, "Closin' Time", which is the number where I get to sing under her! She told me in person after the rehearsal, "I really want to feature you in the song, so you should really sing out more! I think we really mesh well together, so just go balls out, girl!"

She really is fantastic. Such a fun lady and what an incredible spirit! I hope she becomes someone who can act as a little bit of a mentor to me. I've already learned alot from her by just WATCHING her interact with other people. She has a huge personality and is definitely an individual, but she also can totally command the attention of a room. And also by being nice and polite! Amazing.

I hope they keep inviting me back! This Basquiat project is totally inspiring....and I am so fortunate to have stumbled across it!


No comments:

Post a Comment