Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Morning

Last night, I had drinks with friends Dayna and Mike at our favorite margarita joint, Blockheads. I am truly the most inspired when I am with people that I love. I had such a good time with them that I decided to wander over to Times Square and enjoy the lights of New York on a Saturday night. It was only about 40 degrees, so it wasn't too cold.

Times Square really can be enchanting if you have a moment to enjoy it. I ended up right next to the New Amsterdam Theatre where Mary Poppins was playing. I remembered this was the theatre where Julie Andrews starred as Eliza Doolittle in "My Fair Lady", and I ended up being able to get a last minute ticket to the performance. My first Broadway show living in New York!

Going to the theatre is truly something magical. The excitement, the glamour, the buzz in the air as the audience takes their seats is a feeling I have almost forgotten about. It was a delightful show...I tried as hard as I could to sit back and let myself be entertained as opposed to analyzing every second of it. It was a great production...and furthermore, I strengthened my belief that I CAN DO THIS. I am just as capable of being up there as anyone else in that cast, but I just have to continue to be strong and believe. The wonderful 11 o'clock number in the show sang a tune to "Anything can happen if you let it...", and I thought, what a wonderful motto! To close the show, Mary Poppins flies over the audience, and I just wept. Someday I will make this happen, but it's not going to be easy, and I know that I just have to prove to universe that I am capable.

After the show, I met a bunch of friends at a karaoke bar on the east side and decided to walk. I walked along 42nd St. past Bryant Park, the New York Public Library, Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building and just let myself take it in. It was really a New York minute.

I just know that I am exactly right where I need to be at this time.

This morning I'm feeling very inspired and I need to keep looking for auditions!


No comments:

Post a Comment