The judges are the best part of this contest. Last night we had 2 drag queens, and 2 other producer guys, who I'm 90% sure were gay. I thought at the end of the show it would be beneficial to introduce myself to these folks...I mean, you never know, right? As it turns out the one dude knew one of the showcases I'm singing in, and was likely to be there.
The other dude was a character. And thus brings me to my piece of advice for myself for this post.
ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO LISTEN TO THEMSELVES TALK. This one judge stood there with an arm around me talking for 20 solid minutes, basically explaining the competition to me and how it worked (I was like Dude...I'm not stupid...) and mentioned about 20 times that he goes to see 300 shows a year and this is what he does....blah blah blah. It was funny. He probably won't even remember me, but that's okay.
I just need to learn the difference between who is worth listening to for 20 minutes, and who is just saying words. I recognize the fact that I'll run into alot of cocky people as I move forward, and that's okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment